- Trail Length: 2-4miTrail Difficulty: easyRestrooms: YesWaste Disposal: Yes - Limited waste bins availableCheck for ticksAbout this place:
This scenic park offers views of Gardiner’s Bay, and you can hike along the beach all the way to the Cedar Island Light!
Fun Facts & Sights to See:
- Historic Fact: Cedar Point was settled in 1651 and was a bustling port for the shipment of farm goods, fish, and timber from Sag Harbor
- Natural History: originally, the Italianate style Cedar Island light was on an island 200 yard from shore when it was constructed in 1860. In 1938 a hurricane changing the shoreline, creating the narrow walkable strip that now connects the island to the mainland
- Pop Culture & Local History: the park including the lighthouse was owned by Phelan Beale, husband of Edith Ewing Bouvier Beale. Their dissolved marriage was the story behind the movie, broadway and tv versions of Grey Gardens.
- Local History: the property was operated at the Grey Goose Gun Club of Cedar Point before being acquired by the county in 1967
- 5 Cedar Point Rd