- Restrooms: YesWaste Disposal: Yes - Multiple waste bins available throughoutAbout this place:
Dogs are allowed on the dog path on the east side of Park Blvd, as well as in the dog park. The dog park (Salisbury Park Dr.. and Stewart Ave) has small and large dog areas, shade structures, water, waste stations and benches.
Fun Facts & Sights to See:
- Historical Facts: this area was known as Hempstead Plains, and the eastern portion of the A.T. Stewart Garden City purchase (1891). A 1914 map shows William K. Vanderbilt’s Motor Parkway running through the park, as well as property owned by Arthur Brisbane, Oliver Hazard Perry Belmont, Alva E Vanderbilt Belmont, and James Clinch Smith, among others.
- Historical Fact: Joseph J Lannin, owner of the Garden City Hotel, Boston Red Sox, Hotel Granada, and Roosevelt Airfield bought the property, turning it into the Salisbury Links, and constructed a residence for his daughter, from which the main house as well as carriage house still stand to this day. He is also known for walking Charles Lindbergh across the tarmac to his flight!
- Historical Fact: During the Great Depression, the owners of the Salisbury Country Club (part of the park) became unable to pay the taxes and the property was seized by the county
- Historical Fact: President George W. Bush visited the park on 3/11/2004 for the groundbreaking of a Memorial for September 11th victims. The Memorial officially opened to the public on 9/9/2007
- 1899 Park Blvd
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.