- Trail Length: <1miRestrooms: NoneWaste Disposal: None - Please carry out all wasteAbout this place:
The flat, sandy dog walking trail is easy to follow and is a quick, ⅘ mile loop trail.
Fun Facts & Sights to See:
- Know Before You Go: as you approach the water, the ground can get very soft and muddy.
- Know Before You Go: dogs are NOT permitted on the beach, by request of the Town of Huntington
- Interesting Point: the park was created mostly by the deposition of dredge spoil, from the Northport Harbor dredging in the 1960s
- Excellent site for birdwatching
- Know Before You Go: dogs are NOT allowed in the Betty Allen Nature Preserve directly across the street.
- 33 Fort Salonga Rd