- Trail Length: 1-3miTrail Difficulty: easyRestrooms: NoneWaste Disposal: None - Please carry out all wasteCheck for ticksAbout this place:
The main feature of this beautiful state park is the 2,400 feet of ocean beach, accessed by two stairways. There are also bluffs, freshwater wetlands and elevated platforms to enjoy the shoreline views.
Fun Facts & Sights to See:
- Fun fact: named for the open, rolling geography and the shadbush that grows there
- Historical fact: two concrete bunkers dating back to WWII that were once equipped with artillery guns to protect the coast from enemy invasion still remain to this day
- Know Before You Go: there is no parking charge
- Historical fact: it was part of Camp Wikoff where troops led by Theodore Roosevelt were quarantined upon their return from the Spanish-American War
- 900 Montauk Hwy
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.